Friday, December 28, 2012

The Debut Author Challenge



In 2011, I read at least 32 of the 2011 debuts:

Rival by Sara Bennett-Wealer
Possum Summer by Jen K Blom
Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach
Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Bumped by Megan McCafferty (YA Debut)
Momento Nora by Angie Smibert
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Legend by Marie Lu
Dead Rules by Randy Russell
Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky

Choker by Elizabeth Woods
Possession by Elana Johnson
Those That Wake by Jesse Karp
Clarity by Kim Harrington
Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez
Forgotten by Cat Patrick
Blood Red Road by Moira Young
The Predicteds by Christine Seifert
A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan
The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Eve by Anna Carey
Variant by Robison Wells
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan
Don't Expect Magic by Kathy McCullough
Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison
Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Water Wars by Cameron Stracher
Enclave by Ann Aguirre

And I set the bar even higher in 2012, reading 52 2012 debuts, mostly from the Apocalypsies.

When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle
Remarkable by Lizzie K Foley
The Sinister Sweetness of Splendid Academy by Nikki Loftin

The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls by Claire Legrand
Chained by Lynne Kelly

For 2013, I'm not going to be quite so ambitious (I have a more balanced, varied reading year planned - more on that later), but I've already read 2 2013 debuts:

And I plan on reading at least 10 more.  Here's my tentative list:

Hooked by Liz Fichera
The Culling by Steven Dos Santos
After Eden by Helen Douglas
Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza
Taken by Erin Bowman
Coda by Emma Trevayne
Reboot by Amy Tintera
Landry Park by Bethany Hagen
In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters
The Oathbreaker's Shadow by Amy McCullough
Pretty Girl 13 by Liz Foley
Pivot Point by Kasie West
The End Games by T. Michael Martin
These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman
Acid by Emma Pass
Nobody But Us by Kristin Halbrook
Control by Lydia Kang
Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
Gilded by Christina Farley
Prophecy by Ellen Oh
The Wig in the Window by Kristen Kittscher

Sign up for the DAC! And consider adding Level 2 to your list ;)

6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

You've been rockin' that challenge! Good luck in 2013!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Look at you go, Lenore!

This year my challenge is to read what I want and do it privately. I'm keeping off Goodreads and won't keep a currently reading link on my blog. I'm excited to read without anyone (real or imagined!) to answer to.

Happy New Year!

Amy said...

aw Lenore!!

You are in the Debut Author Challenge this year, right?

Steven dos Santos said...

Thanks for adding THE CULLING to your list, Lenore! I'll definitely be reading LEVEL 2 ;-)

Melody Simpson said...

Of those that you've mentioned, I am especially excited for Mila 2.0, Taken, Reboot, Pivot Point, These Broken Stars, & Prophecy! Some titles I don't think I've heard of yet so I'm definitely going to go through your list more thoroughly to add some more to my TBR list! Good luck with the challenge!

Lydia Kang said...

I'm reading Level 2 in a week and can't wait! So cool to see Control on your list!